Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Beginning

So what is Drybrush Wash?

Simply put drybrush wash is the simplistic method I use to paint miniatures. Basically it is a process by which simple techniques like base coating, dry brushing, and washing are combined to paint tabletop quality, or slightly above tabletop quality miniatures.

The way I paint will never produce Golden Daemon quality, unless I bribed the judges. On the other hand it does produce miniatures that look good on the tabletop and does not require a degree in art to execute.

So why blog about it?


There is a lot of time and space spent on much more complex methods of painting miniatures that many of us will never have the time or skill to be able to accomplish. As a result I want to show everyone that there are options that average painters can accomplish without having to pay for painting.

What will you blog about?


As with many gamers my hobby includes more than just a single focus. As a result I am planning on covering several topic areas within this blog

  1. Painting
  2. Converting (Kit bashing)
  3. Gaming
Where do I play?

Actually I am lucky enough to be able to play at my house, more specifically my barn (aka The Battle Barn).










Currently we have space for 6 4x6 tables and a painting bench. We average around 15 people per night. If you are in the Grand Rapids Mi area feel free to check out our forums and gaming some Friday night.

What is up first?

Well the Battle Barn & Alpha Omega Coffee & Games is sponsoring a escalation league design to get people to have 1500 fully painted and based armies. So I will chronicling the creation of the Knights of the Covenant.


No comments:

Post a Comment