Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Dilemma

With my gaming group starting an escalation league I am faced with a hard choice. See I have 2500ish points of various marines painted but I have never been pleased with the way they came out.

So on one hand:

  1. I don't like the color scheme
  2. I don't like the fact that the scheme isn't consistent across all of my marines
  3. I d on't like how dark the models are
  4. I d on't like that the Soul Drinker fluff prevents certain more imperial icons.
  5. The custom shoulder pads never seems the same size as normal shoulder pads
  6. The custom rhino doors and front plates have numerous casting imperfections

And on the other hand:

  1. They are painted and based
  2. It would be a large effort to strip and repaint them

So I have decided to strip down all of my existing marines, in stages, and repaint them.
To show you what I am talking about here are several pictures of my existing Soul Drinkers


Up first are the marines I had painted by Bill Kim.








You can see more pictures of the models Bill painted for me at BK Army Painting Jeff's Soul Drinkers. You can see from the pictures that Bill's work was very dark creating a model that really didn't jump off the table.

Next up are the marines I painted trying to replicate his work








You can see from the ones I painted they are more pink than purple and tend to look too much like Hawk Lords than Soul Drinkers

Tomorrow I will share some of my inspiration for my new project, The Knights of the Covenant,

No comments:

Post a Comment